You have chosen a BEBOP 2 FPV? Congratulations! So you have a pair of Cockpitglasses 2 goggles for a fully immersive experience when flying: explore inaccessible areas like never before and perfectly capture the most stunning images.
To use CockpitGlasses 2 with your BEBOP 2 FPV, you must first download the FreeFlight Pro app (link to the dedicated page) and have a PARROT SKYCONTROLLER 2 controller (link to the dedicated page) to fly your drone.
Then, follow the instructions in our tutorial to correctly install your smartphone in your CockpitGlasses:
For the best FPV experience, your smartphone must meet the following specifications:
Screen size: between 4.7 and 5.7 inches
Max height: 160 mm
Max width: 78.6 mm
Thickness: between 6.8 mm and 9.8 mm
The front camera must be positioned opposite the USB connector.
How to connect Parrot Cockpitglasses to Parrot Skycontroller 2
1. Connect your Parrot Skycontroller 2 to your BEBOP 2 FPV drone.
2. Pull out the drawer on your Parrot Cockpitglasses.
3. Open the drawer on your PARROT COCKPITGLASSES
4. Pass your smartphone's USB cable through the opening in the drawer.
5. Plug one end of your smartphone's USB cable into Parrot Skycontroller 2 and the other end into your smartphone. The FreeFlight Pro app automatically starts up in FPV mode.
If the FPV mode does not start automatically, go to Fly & Film and press . The FPV mode starts.
6. Center your smartphone using the dots on the drawer as a guide and lock it in position on the central part of the drawer
7. Close the drawer and slide it into Parrot Cockpitglasses. Adjust the strap of Parrot Cockpitglasses on your head.
*NB: Use Parrot Skycontroller 2 to edit the FreeFlight Pro app's settings when you are wearing Parrot Cockpitglasses
Managing the FPV settings
You can use Parrot Skycontroller 2 to set the eye spacing while wearing Parrot Cockpitglasses.
Before you start, you must connect your Parrot Skycontroller 2 to your Parrot Bebop 2 FPV, and connect your Parrot Cockpitglasses to your Parrot Skycontroller 2.
1. Adjust Parrot Cockpitglasses to fit your head size.
2. Press the Settings button on Parrot Skycontroller 2. The Settings window opens.
3. Using Parrot Skycontroller 2's joysticks, go to the FPV section.
4. In Eye spacing, select the Configure button and press button A on Parrot Skycontroller 2. A cross appears on your screen.
5. Move the right joystick from left to right, and the left joystick from top to bottom to adjust the eye spacing.
6. When the image is clear and the lines of the cross are aligned, press button A on Parrot Skycontroller 2 to confirm the settings. The distance between the eyes is configured.
Description of the FPV mode
Use Direct View mode to see through the camera of your smartphone when you are wearing Parrot Cockpitglasses
Press the left trigger on Parrot Skycontroller 2 to switch from the immersive view to the direct view.
Press the right trigger on Parrot Skycontroller 2 to switch between the Radar, Telemetry of full screen display.
Radar: information on the position of your Parrot Bebop 2 FPV.
Telemetry: distance between the user and Parrot Bebop 2 FPV, altitude of Parrot Bebop 2 FPV, etc.
Full screen: video monitoring from the camera of Parrot Bebop 2 FPV without further information.